La Paz Therapeutic Massage
Federal Workers' Compensation & Massage

Worker's Compensation:

If you work for the federal government, and you are injured on the job, the US Department of Labor's Office of Workers' Compensation Programs (OWCP) will cover the cost of your medical treatment through one of four programs:

  • the Federal Employees' Occupational Illness Compensation Program,
  • the Federal Employees' Compensation Program,
  • the Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Program, and
  • the Coal Mine workers' Compensation Program


Medical treatment includes massage therapy, where appropriate. First, you must have an open workers' compensation claim with one of the above programs. You can open a claim electronically through the Department of Labor's ECOMP website.

The next step is finding a provider in your area for the medical treatment you need. You can search providers through the ACS web bill processing website. If you live in or near Manatee County, FL, please contact Kiel Unger Massage Therapy. Serving the Bradenton area as medical massage therapist, Kiel Unger, LMT, NCTMB, is an experienced provider who can help simplify the claim and treatment process for his clients.

Navigating the federal workers' compensation system can seem overwhelming at first, but the process is quite simple. Government funding is available to cover needed medical treatment. Below are several helpful resources to aid you in this process.


Kiel Unger, LMT, NCTMB - (941) 932-0488